Mark’s View from the Bleachers on Tonight’s SOTU Address!
No matter what your party affiliation is or your part time participation in the process is or your over the top convictions based on God knows what…The President has a plan and we better get on the train!
We the people are in charge of this recovery! Make no mistake my fellow Citizens of America…at the end of the day, Americans buying cars, houses and shopping at Target every weekend is what will fix this economy! No matter your party affiliation, get with the program and help this nation recover or go back in your cave until the next election!
The people have spoken; the President is in the White House for four more years!
We can set a good example for our House of Representatives and Senate by working together and making it happen!
Go ahead naysayers, respond with your next load of crap and bring it on! If you don’t have a solution in your post, don’t bother to hit Comment! Word Press has a cool tool where I can choose to reject the comment! I will if you pose no real solution! I do not wish to hear about how a democrat is responsible for our lot in today’s world. We need to take responsibility for whom we put in office and how we plan to follow up with how they perform!
We vote on the House and the Senate in two years. “Make It Happen” in your own community if you are so unhappy and need someone to blame!
Start with some original ideas or thoughts…
I will start!
1. Buy American every time you go shopping, even better, buy local, and help your neighbor’s small business succeed!
2. Recycle like your life depends on it! Our Black (Garbage) Tub goes to the curb half full every Thursday; the Blue (Recycle) Tub is overflowing every week!
3. My daughter started a compose project this year. It is simple, two containers in the kitchen to collect coffee grounds, egg shells, veggies, you name it we can recycle it! My SIL in-training bought a compose turnstile and the compose goes from the kitchen to the drum!
4. Conserve, Conserve, Conserve! Gas, oil, water, time in the shower, temperature at home while you are at work, temperature at work when you are not, lights on at home and work, you get the picture!
5. Do not speak up or out unless you know what the hell you are talking about! Educate yourself AND your children on the issues. I was appalled at what a family member was saying to me during the election and I knew where it came from and I did nothing…NO MORE! Pick up a newspaper and READ IT! Liking and Sharing a crazy nonsensical, hysterical political post from someone you would never have over for Sunday dinner is not expressing your right to free speech! Be responsible for what you say, preach and teach! Share these convictions and how you came about them with your children! At least that should make you think twice before you lay another load on the rest of us!
6. Did you all know the response tonight from the other party to the SOTU Speech will have smaller TV ratings than “Leave it to Beaver” reruns on Nick?
7. AND now the Tea Party has demanded TV time as well, to bash BOTH parties; No solutions mind you, just bashing for the sake of bashing! I think the motto of the Tea Party is scaring the daylights out of my folks and seniors and anybody else not capable of their own thinking and reasoning! My Tea Party Friends scare the hell out of me with their politics or lack of a viable plan other than the doom and gloom of the current administration!
8. Start a grass roots town meeting if you really want change! Invite ALL of your representatives to attend! Volunteer in your congressman’s local office! Work a phone bank for your Senator. Learn, really learn and understand the issues and how a common man or woman can get involved to make a change and make a difference!
9. Invite your family and friends to participate with you. Educate yourselves, concentrate on a few things and be better than anyone else. Select a platform based on your ability to move the sticks!
10. RELAX and be ready to do it all over again in 2 years!
Good luck my friends!